Willows Pre-school is looking for a Coach for our LOCATION setting. The Coach will be responsible in supporting the deputy in ensuring that the staffing structure is appropriate to the ratio of children.
To be a mentor and be eager to support colleagues. Helping to discover people’s strengths and weaknesses and tell them what works best for them.
Having communication skills partnered with critical thinking are prerequisites for this job.
To provide safe, high quality education and care for pre-school children; to fulfil legal and statutory requirements; to lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis; to contribute to and to implement pre-school policies.
1. Develop effective job coaching and planning.
2. Communicate with staff to understand their goals and ambitions.
3. Assist staff to discover and overcome their personal barriers and set goals.
4. Assess the strengths of individuals and teach them to use them effectively.
5. Keep records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports.
7. To support the lead person for child protection in the pre-school and to ensure that any child protection concerns are acted upon immediately and appropriately.
8. To ensure that the pre-school is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practiced.
9. To liaise with the management committee, or pre-school proprietor, Ofsted services and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented; to provide reports as required.
10. To contribute to and to implement all pre-school policies and procedures, especially those on safeguarding, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
Key Skills and Attributes
Planning and implementation of good practice for children and parents
Qualifications & Experience
EYTT / EYPS OR QTS
BA Hons in Early Years
Paediatric First Aid
DBS update service
2/3 years’ experience in Teaching/Pre-School education.
Job Type: Full-time, all year round, 40 hours pw
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Expected start date: Immediate
Salary: £23,000.00 – £28,000 /year